Here it is, as promised. My list of 100 things to do in 2013.
So, before you start some sort of prayer circle for me, can I just take a moment to explain #8, the pole-dancing class? I'm not starting a new career in exotic dancing. What I MEANT was, I want to take the pole-dancing EXERCISE classes. Yes, there is such a thing, and yes, it is perfectly respectable. So there.
Thor emailed me his list last night. I gave him a copy of my list (I got done first, because that's how I roll) and he waited until his was finished before reading mine. I was surprised to see how many of our list items were either identical or very, very similar. Anyhow, he read mine, and pronounced me to be a "granola." Excuse me, but I know of no granola-ish person that carries Coach.
As I read through my list of 2013 goals, I couldn't help but think...."Wow, now this would make an AMAZING blog." But alas, I have other projects to work on in the coming year, and it's not meant to be. However, my dearest reader - if YOU, perhaps, are looking to start a blog of your very own, why, here's an idea! Free! Gratis! Courtesy of your favorite SSG, Kat. You should probably come up with your own list, though. I can't do EVERYTHING for you.
Now, without further ado:
100 Things Kat Will Do in 2013
1. Go vegetarian. (again)
2. Start my day before 6 a.m.
3. Take my supplements every day.
4. Regardless of how I feel or what is going on, move for at least 30 minutes a day, every day.
5. Drink a straight shot of vodka.
6. Establish a workable budget.
7. Pay off my student loans.
8. Take a pole-dancing class.
9. Buy a bottle of wine every month based solely on its cool label.
10. Take off my makeup every night.
11. Launch my business on time.
12. Get something (anything) published.
13. Find a new job.
14. Pass the fire exam.
15. Set workable goals for my business and carve out the time to achieve them.
16. Go to Carr’s One of a Kind Museum.
17. Get my palm read.
18. Say or do something that renders Thor completely speechless.
19. Refit my bike so that it’s functional.
20. Take at least 3 decent-length bike rides per week during the months of June, July and August.
21. Get my tattoo touchup done.
22. Declare Sunday night at 8 to be my sacred time to plan my coming week – and actually do it.
23. Carry my daily planner with me everywhere I go.
24. Buy a new, lighter laptop or possibly a tablet.
25. Touch a snake.
26. Get a wireless router.
27. Develop a new hobby – something I’ve never done before.
28. Go indoor rock wall climbing.
29. Give up pop completely.
30. Take a three-day weekend someplace-anyplace – just me and Thor.
31. Take 1 continuing education class.
32. Make jam.
33. Give away one thing per month for no reason at all.
34. Do not spend any pennies – put them in a jar and give it away on December 1st to the charity of The Boy’s choice.
35. Develop a personal style and cultivate it, so that by the end of the year, everyone will recognize it as “my thing.”
36. Go kayaking.
37. Do a juice fast every other Wednesday. Use the time normally spent eating in thoughtful meditation.
38. Shoot 5 free throws in a row.
39. Buy some new Nikes.
40. Get a cell phone provider that doesn’t blow.
41. Write an actual letter with an actual pen on actual paper, and mail it with an actual stamp.
42. Research a topic that nobody cares about. Become an expert and tell everyone I see in a 24-hour period about said topic. Record their reaction.
43. Give up paper towels.
44. Use paraben-free products.
45. Watch Schindler’s List.
46. For people over 18, give only gifts that have at least one handmade element to them.
47. Buy a new vacuum cleaner, one that has actual bags.
48. Rotate my tires every six months.
49. Stop saying the f word.
50. Get a really nice tote bag that I can carry every day. Preferably Coach.
51. Discover my signature scent.
52. Have “Sunday night dinner”, which includes real food, dessert, and sitting down together at the table.
53. Establish a chore list and allowance for The Boy.
54. Find a dentist.
55. Make something in the crock pot at least once per month.
56. Save $5,000.
57. Whenever Thor and I eat out together, if there is a pickle on his plate, ask him if I can have his pickle.
58. Get a new coat for The Boy.
59. Buy a new lipstick every 3 months.
60. Get professional pictures done for my website/business marketing.
61. Ride a zip line.
62. Play Space Invaders.
63. Cancel my cable and reactivate my Netflix.
64. Consider all constructive criticism, no matter its source.
65. Bake an angel food cake from scratch.
66. Do 4 hours of volunteer work every month.
67. Patronize the farmer’s market as often as possible in the summer.
68. Do not, under any circumstance, set foot in a Wal-Mart.
69. Buy a really nice pair of heels.
70. Weather permitting, spend at least an hour a day outside.
71. Pay back the money my parents gave me when I moved. They probably won’t accept it, but try anyway.
72. Sing in front of a group.
73. Eat at a fondue place.
74. Find the perfect hat.
75. Get a Spokane library card and use it.
76. Get a real TV.
77. Give Nikki a weekly brushout.
78. Redo my spice bottles.
79. Buy a silver bracelet that looks nice with my fire necklace and the ring I wear every day.
80. Wear my pearls as often as possible; ideally at least weekly.
81. Go back to candles. The wax melter thing just doesn’t smell as nice.
82. Learn the first and last names of my 3 neighbors.
83. Call my grandmother once per week.
84. Decide on a short list of charitable causes to support. Focus my time on those causes.
85. Go skeet or trap shooting.
86. Take swimming lessons.
87. Go camping in a tent. One night is more than sufficient.
88. Whenever Thor asks me if I want to learn how to play a game, I will say yes.
89. Play the slots at a casino.
90. See a live concert.
91. Eat something for breakfast every day.
92. Meet somebody famous.
93. Read a relationship book once per quarter and discuss it with Thor.
94. Float the river.
95. Make cheese from scratch.
96. Visit my brother, or invite him to visit me.
97. Plan one event per month with the 4 boys.
98. Cry when I feel like it. Laugh when I feel like it. Pretty much experience my emotions as they come.
99. Get a full body massage.
100. Get a Brazilian wax.