Sunday, June 10, 2012

Cabela's and ICU - How Was Your Saturday?

I went to the Boy Store yesterday, aka Cabela's in Post Falls, ID.  Here's photographic proof:

Do not be alarmed.  The bears were already dead when I got there.

Saturday was a long, sucky day.  I had not heard from SP since lunchtime on Friday, when he told me he was back in the hospital due to blood pressure and O2 issues.  So I spent Saturday running around Spokane with my friend Jackie, with a furtive glance at my phone every 15 minutes.  When I call or text, he almost never answers anymore; he's on a lot of drugs.  This puts me in a position of having to wait for contact, and being completely out of control like that is a LITTLE out of my comfort zone.  Let me just say, THANK GOD for Jackie taking me out of town, because if I would have been home all day Saturday, I would have been involuntarily committed to an insane asylum by dinnertime.

So finally, at 7:33 p.m., my phone vibrates and I see this flash across the screen:  "icu. near coma."  I immediately started dialing, but whenever he answered, all I got was static.  Evidently there's no cell service in the intensive care ward.  I was actually driving home and thinking - is this it?  Is this my last conversation with SP?  By a fucking TEXT MESSAGE? 

I texted him and begged him not to leave me yet.  I didn't hear anything for the rest of the night.  I shot off a novel's worth of texts to Alex, who about 30 seconds ago just told me he didn't get any of them until 3:30 a.m.  Again, THANK GOD, at 10:30 last night TG called me and we talked for over an hour.  Actually, I didn't really talk much; I just sort of sobbed and he just pretty much sat there and listened to me do it.   TG and I don't talk much anymore, he doesn't know all the details about my life and my relationship with SP, but you know what - sometimes you don't need to know.  Sometimes all you need to do is sit on the other end of a phone and listen to your ex-girlfriend cry, and that's enough.  And for me - it was enough.

At 3:58 a.m., I got this from SP:  "luv u".

It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I was able to talk to SP this morning, as he's been transferred out of ICU and now has cell service again.  He asked for a dirty picture, I sent him my Cabela's picture and told him that I was naked, but since his vision is getting so bad, he probably couldn't tell.  His response - "nice vag."  That's my SP.

So it's now Sunday.  I wonder what will happen today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.